Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- J.K. Simmons Channels His Oscar-Nominated Whiplash Character for His SNL Monologue
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- As If We Needed 7 Reasons to Watch the Puppy Bowl
- Aw! Chris Hemsworth Said the Most Romantic Thing About His Wife
- Bobbi Kristina Brown & Nick Gordon: See Their Love Through the Years
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 11:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 02, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 22
Here's One for the Book: Simultaneous Best-Sellers by the Mcgrady Brothers
Both McGradys have had best-sellers before. Pat's was The Youth Doctors, a 1968 study of jet-set physicians and quacks. He also has published five other books, including a ghostwritten autobiography about which he must remain forever mum. Mike is best known for Naked Came the Stranger, the 1969 literary hoax he concocted with 25 journalist friends. Each wrote a chapter and submitted it under the nom de plume Penelope Ashe.
The McGradys were born into a literary family—their late father was a well-known science writer, and younger brother Shamus is an occasional contributor to the Reader's Digest. Pat and Mike attended Yale and did time as daily journalists—Pat with the wire services, Mike on Newsday. Each is the father of three children, all of whom, they say, take a keen interest in writing. "I don't let them know about the trauma, the rejection slips," says Mike. "I only bring the checks home."
The brothers, who both live in New York, do not foresee working together, chiefly because Pat's expertise is in medical and scientific writing. "The advantage of collaborating on a book," says Pat, "is that you get someone to do some of your work. The disadvantage is that they take half the money."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!