Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Murdered 12-Year-Old Recalls the Day of His Death: 'I Was in Complete Shock'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Warren Beatty Would Want Ronald Reagan (or Maybe President Obama) to Play Him in a Biopic
- WATCH: Justin Theroux's Cousin Louis Takes on Church of Scientology in New Movie
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 3
Well, Kiss My Dome—It's a Heady 85th Birthday Bash for Plucky Bucky Fuller
The diminutive (5'2") Bucky and 200 guests harmonized in every way at the foundation's now permanent HQ in Old Snowmass, Colo. In the background were some of Fuller's inventions, such as the energy-efficient Dymaxion car and a Plexiglas-bubbled version of his geodesic dome. Fuller jawed with Colorado Gov. Richard Lamm about the population explosion and housing trends. Meanwhile Denver's pal, est guru Werner Erhard, discoursed on self-control. Then the guests dug into a buffet of appropriately natural food: hummus, tofu dip, stone-ground home-baked bread, corn-and-rice salad, red pickled-plum house dressing and baked trout. Finally the host, Denver, twanged a spirited rock medley that shook the 40-foot open-air tepee. At sundown there were tributes from both Erhard and Fuller's grandson, UCLA music student Jamie Snyder, before Denver proposed "my toast to Bucky." John had composed it especially for the event, and his guests, touched and teary-eyed, joined in the chorus: "What one man can do is dream/What one man can do is love/What one man can do is change the world and make it new again." Then John Denver kissed the grand old man, stroked the back of his neck and murmured, "I love you, Bucky." So, clearly, did everyone else on top of Old Snowmass.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!