Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Charlie Sheen's Daughters Are All Grown-Up in Smiley Family Photo – See the Sweet Pic!
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- WATCH: Taylor Lautner Is 'Basically Female Viagra' in Scream Queens Season 2
- Kourtney Kardashian Supports Sister Kim's Social Media Smackdown on Taylor Swift: 'The Truth Is the Truth'
- WATCH: Rob Lowe Is Self-Deprecating – and Buck Naked – in Roast Promo Parodying His '80s Sex Tape
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 3
Well, Kiss My Dome—It's a Heady 85th Birthday Bash for Plucky Bucky Fuller
The diminutive (5'2") Bucky and 200 guests harmonized in every way at the foundation's now permanent HQ in Old Snowmass, Colo. In the background were some of Fuller's inventions, such as the energy-efficient Dymaxion car and a Plexiglas-bubbled version of his geodesic dome. Fuller jawed with Colorado Gov. Richard Lamm about the population explosion and housing trends. Meanwhile Denver's pal, est guru Werner Erhard, discoursed on self-control. Then the guests dug into a buffet of appropriately natural food: hummus, tofu dip, stone-ground home-baked bread, corn-and-rice salad, red pickled-plum house dressing and baked trout. Finally the host, Denver, twanged a spirited rock medley that shook the 40-foot open-air tepee. At sundown there were tributes from both Erhard and Fuller's grandson, UCLA music student Jamie Snyder, before Denver proposed "my toast to Bucky." John had composed it especially for the event, and his guests, touched and teary-eyed, joined in the chorus: "What one man can do is dream/What one man can do is love/What one man can do is change the world and make it new again." Then John Denver kissed the grand old man, stroked the back of his neck and murmured, "I love you, Bucky." So, clearly, did everyone else on top of Old Snowmass.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!