Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwen Stefani's 'Top Priority Is Making Sure Her Kids Feel Secure' in 'Amicable' Gavin Rossdale Split: Source
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Little People Big World's Tori Patton Picks Out Her Wedding Dress
- Meryl Streep Talks Acting With Daughter Mamie Gummer in Ricki and the Flash: "She's the Real Deal"
- Watch New Girl Star Jake Johnson Try and Fail at Parkour
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 4
The U.S. Hockey Team's Cinderella Story Continues at Mark Johnson's Wedding
They were different now—blooded on the talk show, commercial endorsement and pro hockey circuits—but they seemed to check their new sophistication at the door. When Mark and Leslie kissed, after promising to "share our victories and overcome our defeats," there was loud applause. The officiating minister at Bethel Lutheran Church, the Rev. Robert Borgwardt, complimented the 700 guests for turning out "not only in moments of public triumph but also in quiet moments of dedication." Then it was time for a beery celebration at Blackhawk Country Club, where gold medal speed skater Eric Heiden was welcomed as a boyhood friend of the groom.
These young men's lives had of course changed. The best evidence was the vigilant presence of Art Kaminsky, agent-attorney for Heiden and the hockey team, who warned his clients to stow their beer bottles while being photographed to avoid giving free plugs. But as Mark, who has a three-year, $250,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and Leslie, a University of Pittsburgh junior, left for a honeymoon in Lake Tahoe. Johnson's Olympic teammate Mike Eruzione acknowledged an unjaded belief in the Cinderella story: "I think this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me since Lake Placid."
August 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!