Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sperm Donor Who Allegedly Fathered 36 Kids and Claimed Genius-Level IQ Admits 'He Was Not Truthful': Police
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Cheryl Burke on Returning to DWTS and What It's Really Like Working with Ryan Lochte
- WATCH: Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and More Show Off Their Best Moves in Surfaced Dancing with the Stars Audition Tapes
- Heart Singer Ann Wilson's Husband Dean Stuart Wetter Charged With Assaulting Twin Teenage Nephews
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 18, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 7
Heather Parisi was a sales clerk at Macy's in Sacramento, Calif. two summers ago and couldn't speak a word of Italian. Today, at 20, she is one of the hottest entertainers in Italy. She was a star dancer last season on the variety-game show Fantastico, a fixture of Italy's RAI network. Her hit single, Disco Bambina, topped the Italian charts, and she is now touring the country with her stage act, called lo, lo, lo e Voi ("Me, Me, Me and All of You"). The daughter of former ballerina Anita Parisi Bowers, Heather took her first dance lesson in Sacramento at 2½. As a teenager, she studied and performed with the San Francisco Ballet. But, fed up with small roles, she gave up dance except for local disco contests. Then, on a European vacation in 1978 Heather discoed at Jackie O's in Rome and was spotted by the wife of choreographer Franco Miseria, who persuaded her skeptical spouse to take an interest. And take an interest he did, first offering her the part on Fantastico, and then leaving Signora Miseria for his long-legged protégée. Such shenanigans do not sit well with the Christian Democratic party, which runs the RAI TV network, and Parisi is not in RAI's fall lineup. Still, Heather figures that after another four years of Italy, intense acting training and a film there, she'll be ready to make her move on the States. Her intention, she says, is to be nothing less than "No. 1 in all the world."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!