Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski Admits It's 'Super Intimidating' to Step into Alec Baldwin and Harrison Ford's Shoes as New Jack Ryan
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Texas Man Allegedly Beheaded Wife and Put Head in Freezer
- Two 90-Year-Old World War II Veterans Parachute Into Field Where One Was Shot Down 72 Years Ago
- In Honor of Women's Equality Day: 11 Famous Women Currently Rocking the World
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 13, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 15
Michael Levine, 26, decided in 1976 to cash in on his 10-year-old hobby of collecting autographs by compiling a sort of almanac of the inaccessible. The result is How to Reach Anyone Who's Anyone (Price/Stern/Sloan, $4.95). The tome includes the mailing addresses of 3,200 notables from Paul McCartney to Nadia Comaneci, Idi Amin to David Rockefeller. Writing the book took less than a year and was easier than getting it published. "I have more rejection slips than hairs on my head," he says. And then there was the problem of keeping track of the subjects, whom Levine calls "the most transient, mobile people on earth." The top mail getter, according to Levine, is Bo Derek; she receives 50,000 pieces a week at 1888 Century Park E., Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA. Levine grew up in New Jersey, son of a clothes-designer father and artist mother, attended Rutgers for three months, but dropped out to become a concert promoter. Levine and his wife, Darlene, moved in 1976 to L.A., where he began a local TV guide. His book, meanwhile, has sold 30,000 copies, and Levine plans a revised edition each year. "It's a constant updating process," he says. "Six months from now there'll be a new Bo Derek, and we'll want her in the book."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!