Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eric Paslay Marries Natalie Harker
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Suki Waterhouse and James Marsden Grab Dinner Together in LA
- Controversial Artist Debuts New Painting of Pregnant Princess Kate Outside St. Mary's Hospital (PHOTO)
- Soleil Moon Frye: Mila and Ashton's Daughter Is 'Absolutely Beautiful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 13, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 15
Michael Levine, 26, decided in 1976 to cash in on his 10-year-old hobby of collecting autographs by compiling a sort of almanac of the inaccessible. The result is How to Reach Anyone Who's Anyone (Price/Stern/Sloan, $4.95). The tome includes the mailing addresses of 3,200 notables from Paul McCartney to Nadia Comaneci, Idi Amin to David Rockefeller. Writing the book took less than a year and was easier than getting it published. "I have more rejection slips than hairs on my head," he says. And then there was the problem of keeping track of the subjects, whom Levine calls "the most transient, mobile people on earth." The top mail getter, according to Levine, is Bo Derek; she receives 50,000 pieces a week at 1888 Century Park E., Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA. Levine grew up in New Jersey, son of a clothes-designer father and artist mother, attended Rutgers for three months, but dropped out to become a concert promoter. Levine and his wife, Darlene, moved in 1976 to L.A., where he began a local TV guide. His book, meanwhile, has sold 30,000 copies, and Levine plans a revised edition each year. "It's a constant updating process," he says. "Six months from now there'll be a new Bo Derek, and we'll want her in the book."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!