Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessie J Is Out of the Hospital and Back on Stage: 'Still Fragile But Much Better'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Bobby Brown Struggles Through Concert, Forgets Lyrics: 'I Am in a Different Zone Right Now'
- Paris Hilton: Sister Nicky and Her Fiancé Are the 'Perfect Couple'
- RHOA's Claudia Jordan on Reports She Was Fired Amidst NeNe Leakes Drama: 'We'll See What Happens'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 13, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 15
Chevy Chase Celebrates His Unbirthday While Helping to Peddle a Million-Dollar Manse
In fact, Chevy wasn't either (his birthday is Oct. 8). But never mind. The star of the current Oh Heavenly Dog is shooting a new film this week and won't be able to celebrate. Truth to tell, the whole affair was not exactly a birthday party. It seems that Chevy's pal, real estate up-and-comer Jana Jones, 28, was having trouble selling a house. Why not give a party and invite a star-studded selection of potential buyers—uh, friends? The owner of the house (3 bdrms + maid's, fam. rm., den, pool, sauna & electronic control sys.) put up $10,000 to lay in furniture and edibles (blini, caviar, sushi, fruit fondue), and Chevy lent his presence—briefly. Arriving a fashionable two hours late, the ersatz birthday boy was tastefully attired in a red polo shirt with white dinner jacket, tan trousers, white sneakers and a baseball cap. He just had time to cut the chocolate cake and check out the presents, including a five-gallon drum of popcorn from Meat Loaf and Mrs. (Leslie) Loaf, before the last of the guests drifted away. Still, the evening accomplished its purpose: Jana unloaded the house just before cocktails for $1.3 million. Would Chevy like to try Tupperware next?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!