Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out What Joe Jonas Has to Say About Exes Taylor, Demi and Gigi on WWHL's Plead the Fifth!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Melanie Griffith on Being 'Introspective' and 'Totally Curious' About Her New Path in Life
- Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Clarkson, Kerry Washington and More React to Hillary Clinton's Nomination on Twitter
- Pretty Little Liars Star Troian Bellisario Doesn't Want Any Part of the Taylor vs. Kim Feud: 'I Would Choose the Green Party'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 20
So Much for the Third World: The Face of the '80s, We Are Told, Is Blond and Norwegian
Anette's head seems unlikely to be turned by her triumph. "I'm a farm girl," she says. "I like nature, country and animals more than the passing glory that being a top model could bring me." Born and raised outside Oslo, she is the daughter of parents who briefly modeled themselves, and who now operate an electronics equipment company. Her ambition is to be a veterinarian, she says, and she is mildly apprehensive over the prospect of moving to New York for her career. "I'm always homesick in a new place," says Anette, 19. "I'm a big baby, in fact." To keep from getting too big, she plays handball; to avoid smoking, she concentrates on knitting. Though she entered the Ford contest "just for fun," she really did not enjoy it very much. "It was harried," she complains, "very stressing." Meanwhile she is working in Paris, having split from a med student boyfriend in Oslo. "I don't get very attached," she says. "I'm closest to my family." After hours in front of the camera, she goes home and "I scrub my face until it's red." Her days as a chubbette still haunt her. "I love food," she admits. "That's my problem." Scales intimidate her. "I get depressed," says the Face, "whenever I weigh myself."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!