Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1980
- Vol. 14
- No. 20
So Much for the Third World: The Face of the '80s, We Are Told, Is Blond and Norwegian
Anette's head seems unlikely to be turned by her triumph. "I'm a farm girl," she says. "I like nature, country and animals more than the passing glory that being a top model could bring me." Born and raised outside Oslo, she is the daughter of parents who briefly modeled themselves, and who now operate an electronics equipment company. Her ambition is to be a veterinarian, she says, and she is mildly apprehensive over the prospect of moving to New York for her career. "I'm always homesick in a new place," says Anette, 19. "I'm a big baby, in fact." To keep from getting too big, she plays handball; to avoid smoking, she concentrates on knitting. Though she entered the Ford contest "just for fun," she really did not enjoy it very much. "It was harried," she complains, "very stressing." Meanwhile she is working in Paris, having split from a med student boyfriend in Oslo. "I don't get very attached," she says. "I'm closest to my family." After hours in front of the camera, she goes home and "I scrub my face until it's red." Her days as a chubbette still haunt her. "I love food," she admits. "That's my problem." Scales intimidate her. "I get depressed," says the Face, "whenever I weigh myself."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!