Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeremiah Brent on Sharing Daddy Duties with Husband Nate Berkus: 'As a Parent, You Kind of Just Fall Into Your Roles'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Tweed Dress Ideal for Curvy Body Types
- WATCH: Is Simone Biles Really Dating Her 'Brazilian Boyfriend!?' Is Aly Raisman Excited for Her Date with Raiders' Tight End Colton Underwood?!
- Angela Kinsey Shares How Her Daughter Isabel Makes Her 'Heart Melt'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 1981
- Vol. 15
- No. 5
Lori Loughlin, 16, is just another junior at Long Island's Hauppauge High until she takes the train to Manhattan and plays out romances—like with a disco owner who gets killed, with a puppeteer suspected of the murder, not to mention with her half sister's husband. Yes, she's Jody Travis, the ambitious, lovesick ballerina on the ABC soap The Edge of Night. In reality, Lori's life is no such sudsy package. Her father is a Bell Telephone foreman, while her mother helps manage Lori's finances: that includes salary up to $3,000 a week and real estate holdings on Long Island and in Florida. A model since the age of 11, Lori has appeared in ads for both Macy's and Gimbels plus Cover Girl makeup and Avon. In 1979 she stepped up from modeling to co-star with Blythe Danner and Michael Moriarty in NBC's well-received adaptation of John Updike's Too Far to Go. Lori was also a contender for the Brooke Shields part in The Blue Lagoon, but bowed out, she says, when the rating was changed from PG to R. "I couldn't handle the nudity," she explains. "It was my own decision, not my parents'." Too busy for dating (but not to maintain a B+ average), she is now frankly torn between college and Hollywood. As for Jody's future on the soap, Lori smiles: "I'd get killed if I told."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!