Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 16, 1981
- Vol. 15
- No. 10
Terry Bradshaw and Mel Tillis May Be All Wet, but They're Pooling Their Talents in a TV Pilot
Bradshaw, 32, who played a bit role in Reynolds' 1978 Hooper, is keeping mum on his plans until the network decides, probably next month. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, is preparing for the worst. "The fans feel Terry is betraying the team," observes Steeler spokesman Joe Gordon. "Their attitude is, 'We'll tell him when he can leave.' " But the front office is understanding. "He sees this as a move with long-term potential," continues Gordon. "Terry's been an outstanding performer and we wish him the best of luck." The Steelers could legally block Bradshaw from honoring an NBC contract, instead of his reported $330,000-a-year football pact. But the coaches don't want a half-committed quarterback. Some fans already blame Bradshaw's yo-yoing marriage to ice skater JoJo Starbuck—a divorce is under way—for impairing his concentration last year, when the four-time Super Bowl champs fumbled to a 9-7 season.
Co-star Tillis, 48, predicts Bradshaw will score on TV. "The producer and director think Terry and I have a wonderful chemistry," says Tillis, who plays stock car driver Bradshaw's stuttering Sancho Panza. "Terry's a natural." Bradshaw's biggest booster, however, is Steeler quarterback-in-waiting Cliff Stoudt, 25, who suited up for 56 games before calling his first pro play last season. "I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'll take the job any way I can," says Stoudt. "I hope Terry wins an Emmy!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!