Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 5 Things to Know About Olympic Diver Kassidy Cook, Who Overcame Life-Altering Surgery to Make 2016 National Team
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Love in Paradise! Bachelor Creator Mike Fleiss Confirms 'Multiple Engagements' This Season
- Pitch a Tent with Star Meghan Rienks! The YouTube Star Hosts Her First-Ever Girls-Only Sleep Away Camp This Summer
- WATCH: Eli Roth Takes a PEOPLE Staffer Swimming with Baby Black Tip Sharks and Stingrays
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 08, 1981
- Vol. 15
- No. 22
Nature Lovers Peter Beard and Cheryl Tiegs Leave Wildlife Behind for the Newlywed Game
From the wilds of Africa to the urban jungle of Manhattan's nightlife, theirs has been a public romance. But Beard, 43, and Tiegs, 33, tied the knot with a minimum of fanfare and a maximum of tradition in a simple 12-minute ceremony in Montauk, N.Y.
"My life is so untraditional," explains Tiegs (who wore black when she married adman and film director Stan Dragoti in 1970) of her desire for a quiet wedding. Hence the all-white Oscar de la Renta gown, the rice outside the church, the cutting of the cake and the first dance to a lilting Blue Danube. The reception was held at Thunderbolt Ranch, Beard's six-acre estate at the tip of Long Island. Some 80 guests went through four cases of Dom Perignon ("OD on DP" became something of a rallying cry) and dined on cold lobster and veal. They danced until 1 a.m., but the ice-sculpture elephant, a symbol of Beard's lifetime devotion to the preservation of African wildlife, dripped until dawn.
Eschewing a traditional honeymoon, the newlyweds are unwinding at home, walking the beach with one most unusual wedding present—a goat—and slipping into town for ice-cream sodas. "So far," reported Cheryl with a giggle two days after the event, "we're still happily married."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!