Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 2
In Dressing for Succession, Lady Diana Discovers That Millinery Is Mandatory
There have been a few disasters, but making the best of bonnets is plainly Lady Di's intent. For her one-of-a-kind models (at prices from $90 to $110), she relies on an Edinburgh-born milliner, John Boyd, 56. (His other clients include Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, Princess Anne and all the Queen's ladies-in-waiting.) In London, Lady Di bounds up the stairs to Boyd's Knights-bridge arcade workrooms for her fittings. "When she tries the hats on, she giggles," says Boyd. "She sees the humor of the situation."
Meanwhile Buckingham Palace denies any hand in Lady Di's regrooming. Huffs a spokeswoman: "She is certainly getting no training from ladies-in-waiting. Lady Diana has her own ideas and style." In fact, in a quiet moment recently the former kindergarten teacher confessed, "Wearing hats gives me confidence." As for Boyd, designing for Lady Di is his crowning glory. "One looks at her face and bones," he raves, "and just carries on. She is just charming. You have no idea."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!