Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Kanye Step Out for Stylish Dinner Date After Yeezy Fashion Show
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- POTUS and FLOTUS' Valentine's Day Messages to Each Other – and Why They Never Fight
- Mother of Columbine Shooter Speaks Out Nearly 17 Years After Massacre: Not a Day Goes by That 'I Don't Think of the People That Dylan Harmed'
- Is This Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift Part II? Rapper Insists Her Joke Inspired 'Famous' Lyrics: 'I Did Not Diss' Her
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 2
In Dressing for Succession, Lady Diana Discovers That Millinery Is Mandatory
There have been a few disasters, but making the best of bonnets is plainly Lady Di's intent. For her one-of-a-kind models (at prices from $90 to $110), she relies on an Edinburgh-born milliner, John Boyd, 56. (His other clients include Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, Princess Anne and all the Queen's ladies-in-waiting.) In London, Lady Di bounds up the stairs to Boyd's Knights-bridge arcade workrooms for her fittings. "When she tries the hats on, she giggles," says Boyd. "She sees the humor of the situation."
Meanwhile Buckingham Palace denies any hand in Lady Di's regrooming. Huffs a spokeswoman: "She is certainly getting no training from ladies-in-waiting. Lady Diana has her own ideas and style." In fact, in a quiet moment recently the former kindergarten teacher confessed, "Wearing hats gives me confidence." As for Boyd, designing for Lady Di is his crowning glory. "One looks at her face and bones," he raves, "and just carries on. She is just charming. You have no idea."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!