Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lena Dunham Says She's Becoming More Modest with Age, Nude Scenes for Girls Are Getting More Difficult
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Sexiest Dad Alive
- Michigan Teen's Promposal to Student with Special Needs Goes Viral: 'Personality Is What Makes a Person Beautiful'
- Police: 83-Year-Old Former Priest Detained on Charges Related to 1960 Murder of Texas Schoolteacher
- Texas Prosecutor Who Withheld Evidence in Death Penalty Case Has Appeal of Disbarment Denied
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 2
Talk About Cheap Energy: Horticulturist Bill Schultz Gets His B.t.u.s from Hot-Blooded Bunnies
The cost of rabbit power is nothing to twitch your nose at: Schultz's bunnies have enabled him to shave 12 percent off his $1,000-a-month fuel bill. But cheap energy is only one commercial use of the versatile rabbit, according to the former instructor in horticulture at L.A.'s Pierce College. "The rabbit is an all-purpose animal," Schultz rhapsodizes. "Two hundred rabbits will provide as much table meat as a thousand-pound steer. You can sell the fur for artificial fox and mink, the blood for medical testing and the innards for fertilizer. Not to mention the feet for good luck charms."
Every two weeks Schultz ships his surplus four-footed heaters off to market, where they bring him some $460 a month—and chagrined looks from his daughters. "The girls would like them sold as pets," he says. "On market day if a fryer doesn't make the minimum weight and is put back, the girls are apt to give out a loud cheer."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!