Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bruce Jenner to Pose for Cover of Vanity Fair, Sources Say
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- How Residents in the Duggars' Town Are Reacting to Josh's Molestation Scandal: 'People Are Super Embarassed'
- Mindy Kaling Gets an Adorable Bob Haircut to Kick Off Summer!
- The Bachelor's Whitney and Chris Thanks Fans for Their Support After Ending Engagement
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 2
Talk About Cheap Energy: Horticulturist Bill Schultz Gets His B.t.u.s from Hot-Blooded Bunnies
The cost of rabbit power is nothing to twitch your nose at: Schultz's bunnies have enabled him to shave 12 percent off his $1,000-a-month fuel bill. But cheap energy is only one commercial use of the versatile rabbit, according to the former instructor in horticulture at L.A.'s Pierce College. "The rabbit is an all-purpose animal," Schultz rhapsodizes. "Two hundred rabbits will provide as much table meat as a thousand-pound steer. You can sell the fur for artificial fox and mink, the blood for medical testing and the innards for fertilizer. Not to mention the feet for good luck charms."
Every two weeks Schultz ships his surplus four-footed heaters off to market, where they bring him some $460 a month—and chagrined looks from his daughters. "The girls would like them sold as pets," he says. "On market day if a fryer doesn't make the minimum weight and is put back, the girls are apt to give out a loud cheer."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!