Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Launch Their Spring 2016 Collection in NYC
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Oscars Nominees Luncheon Class Photo of 2016 Revealed – Find Out What Happened Backstage!
- Solange Knowles Gives Us Some Major Lil’ Kim Vibes in All Red Ensemble During Mardi Gras Celebration
- Pregnant Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie Hit the Deadpool Red Carpet! – Plus Find Out What She's Craving!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 2
Francis Warrington Gillette III, 22, isn't sure it helps in the film business "for people to know you come from a great family." He may be right, judging from his C-movie debut as the cut-and-kill ogre in Friday the 13th Part 2. The role, which required a six-hour makeup job (above), "wasn't fulfilling at all," concedes Gillette. Still, it did provide his first steady work since he dropped out of Villanova two years ago. The novice actor's great-grandfather on his mother's side was Joseph E. Davies, FDR's ambassador to Moscow in the 1930s and a husband of cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post. Grandpa was Millard Tydings, a U.S. senator from Maryland for 24 years. Young Warrington grew up in the hunt country of Maryland, owned his first racehorse at 16 and competed for three years as a steeplechase rider. Determined to become "a self-made man by 30," he quit college after two years and enrolled in acting classes at New York's Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. Since turning in his Friday the 13th fright face, he has screen-tested for a role on the CBS soap Search for Tomorrow. Although Warrington says he stands to inherit the family-owned Laurel Race Course outside Washington, D.C., he is banking on pictures rather than ponies for now. "I have access to a lot of money, and I could make my own movie," he says, sounding a little less self-made than he might. "Sylvester Stallone did it."
February 08, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!