Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Losing the Loincloth: Alexander Skarsgard Dishes on the Important Change to His Skimpy Tarzan Getup
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- 4-Year-Old Girl Is Lone Survivor of Accident After Amtrak Slams into Van at Dangerous Colorado Railroad Crossing
- Kylie Jenner Wears Her On-Again Boyfriend Tyga's $550 Tiger Sweatshirt
- Stitch It! Inside Walking Dead Alum Alexandra Breckenridge's Quilting Party Baby Shower
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 28, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 13
Steve and Cyndy Garvey Seemed to Be An American Dream Team—but Now They've Become Free Agents
The announcement came earlier this month after ex-model Cyndy quit her estimated $75,000-a-year co-host job on AM Los Angeles. She never publicly offered a reason, but bicoastal gossips have placed Cyndy on the arm of Carole Bayer Sager's ex, composer Marvin Hamlisch, saying she helped him pick out his new home in swanky Kings Point on Long Island. Marvin will say only: "I'm not talking about my personal life. Being a creative artist does not require that." Cyndy will say nothing.
The Garveys met as students at Michigan State and married in 1971, after Cyndy had graduated and Steve had been drafted by the Dodgers. The veneer of their storybook marriage was cracked last year when Inside Sports published an article titled "Trouble in Paradise," in which Cyndy was quoted on her emotional and sexual qualms about Steve. At first the Garveys forged a united front, socking the magazine with an $11.2 million libel action. That suit was settled suddenly in July, out of court, for what is said to be a six-figure sum. Now they'll presumably be splitting that up along with their community property, which includes homes in the San Fernando Valley and Malibu. They have two children: Krisha, 6, and Whitney, 5.
What went wrong? Those who know the couple say it was Cyndy's love of being her own All-Star. "Sometimes, I feel stifled by the responsibilities of being married," Cyndy once said. "One day I want to conquer the world, the next day I'm too tired to think about washing dishes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!