Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Was It a Flub or Not? DWTS' Val Chmerkovskiy and Ginger Zee Reveal the Truth About Their Final Dance
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Find Out Which Celebs Erin Andrews Is (Lightheartedly) 'Annoyed' Won't Join Dancing with the Stars
- Former Child Star Alisan Porter: After 30 Years, Curly Sue Is Dead! 'I Am Now the Girl Who Won The Voice!'
- Jack Osbourne's Open Letter on World MS Day: Let's Stop the Secrecy and Band Together to Keep After Our Dreams
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 17
Old Acquaintances Turn Out to Cheer Bisset and Bergen's Rich and Famous
Indeed, the lavish soiree at Manhattan's reopened Studio 54 got better reviews than the movie. It cost $52,000 to do the disco up like Gatsby's place, with autumn leaves underfoot and a gazebo for special invitees. Headed by Rich and Famous co-stars Candice Bergen and Jacqueline Bisset, the guest list lived up to the film's title, featuring Cheryl Tiegs and husband Peter Beard, Maria Burton and Dick Cavett, who plays himself in the film. Cavett praised his leading ladies as "wonderful and dear friends," adding sagely, "Isn't that what people always say at premieres?"
The cast party was also something of a caste party; in the gazebo they sat down to smoked salmon, tortellini and endive salad. The folks in the balcony made do with a roast beef and potato salad buffet. Class distinction disappeared, however, at the stroke of midnight when $2,000 in dollar bills cascaded onto the dance floor. In the ensuing melee, Olivia Newton-John collected $3 and Jamie Lee Curtis came away with cab fare.
Perhaps they're not so different after all.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!