Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Stephanie Talks About Losing Her Mom, Princess Grace – and How Her Rescue Elephants Helped Her Find Peace
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- VIDEO: Judge Sentences Domestic Violence Victim to Jail for Not Showing Up at Her Alleged Abuser's Trial
- VIDEO: Kendra Wilkinson Admits, 'I Don't Know What I Would Do' If an Intimacy Retreat Can't Fix My Marriage
- InStyle's Virtual Reality Experience Will Blow Your Mind (We Promise)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 02, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 18
Some Parking Lot Jocks—'Et Tu' with the Baby Blues—Cause Squeals at Caesars Palace
The night before the engines roared, drivers and celebs enjoyed a high-octane party, officially begun when Paul Newman made his entrance through an $18,000 laser-lighted and fog-filled tunnel. Catherine Bach had chartered a jet from L.A. to make the party. Also bellying up to the beluga caviar and chomping on pieces of cake in the shape of a Formula One racer were Ben Vereen, Robert Culp, Bill Cosby, Rich Little, color commentators Jackie Stewart and Mark Thatcher (son of British Prime Minister Margaret) and ex-Hardy Boy Parker Stevenson, who could barely throttle his enthusiasm. "I love racing," he gushed. "The electricity is unbelievable. The energy is there, like intensely."
As Tom Jones sang, a jealous Wayne Newton wondered, "How does he get those women to throw their underwear onstage? All I get is roses." Paul Newman was the star attraction in this racy crowd, but he shunned the limelight, the sunlight and the light of photographers' strobes. "They want me to take my glasses off to look into my blue eyes," he moaned. "What would happen if they turned brown or green? It's like asking a girl to take off her bra."
After the race, workmen returned the parking lot to its usual self. The track will be rebuilt next year, when they'll all go vroom again.
October 08, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!