Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Christine Taylor Compares Her 'Blue Steel' Look to Husband Ben Stiller's: 'Mine Is So Bad'
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- VIDEO: Bindi Irwin Recalls Emotional Speech at Father's Memorial, Says Family Tries to Remember Him 'Every Way Possible'
- Eva Longoria Channels Nicki Minaj (Complete with Butt Pads) to Take Home the Gold During Lip Sync Battle
- VIDEO: Why Jesse James Decker Thinks Hubby Eric's Back Is So Sexy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 02, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 18
Why Is Richard Lamotta Good-Humored? America's Sweet on His Chipwich
This fall vendors are selling 35,000 Chipwiches a day at $1 apiece, and next month the Chipwich will be available in supermarkets across the country. LaMotta's backers are counting on a craze to rival the nationwide thirst for Perrier. In fact, Bruce Nevins, who masterminded marketing the bubbly in the U.S., has invested more than $100,000 in Chipwich's future.
Chipwich is not without its competitors, however. LaMotta filed a $13 million unfair competition and trademark suit against Good Humor in September, alleging that the giant ice-cream company pirated the Chipwich product, package and cart after LaMotta had hired Good Humor to be a distributor. So far the federal courts have restrained Good Humor from passing off their version as a Chipwich. If things go as planned, LaMotta, who completed law school at night while working as a CBS video engineer, projects gross sales of up to $30 million over the next year. Along with a fortune, the divorced father of two teenage boys has amassed something else since launching Chipwich: an extra 20 pounds.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!