Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 6 Biggest Bombshells in Bruce Jenner's Interview
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Bruce Jenner Interview: Lady Gaga, Andy Cohen and More Celebrities Voice Support on Twitter
- Scarlett Johansson's Daughter Rose Gives Her 'Explosive' Joy
- Bruce Jenner: I Was Terrified to Tell the Kids
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 02, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 18
Why Is Richard Lamotta Good-Humored? America's Sweet on His Chipwich
This fall vendors are selling 35,000 Chipwiches a day at $1 apiece, and next month the Chipwich will be available in supermarkets across the country. LaMotta's backers are counting on a craze to rival the nationwide thirst for Perrier. In fact, Bruce Nevins, who masterminded marketing the bubbly in the U.S., has invested more than $100,000 in Chipwich's future.
Chipwich is not without its competitors, however. LaMotta filed a $13 million unfair competition and trademark suit against Good Humor in September, alleging that the giant ice-cream company pirated the Chipwich product, package and cart after LaMotta had hired Good Humor to be a distributor. So far the federal courts have restrained Good Humor from passing off their version as a Chipwich. If things go as planned, LaMotta, who completed law school at night while working as a CBS video engineer, projects gross sales of up to $30 million over the next year. Along with a fortune, the divorced father of two teenage boys has amassed something else since launching Chipwich: an extra 20 pounds.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!