Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Medical Mystery, Part One: Three Families Want to Know – What's Wrong with My Child?
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Justin Bieber Sued By Toronto Uber Driver for Alleged 2013 Assault
- Mom Whose Inspirational Bikini Photo Went Viral: 'I Hope Other Women Pick Up That Torch and Run With It'
- Mom Claims Her Special Needs Son Was Forced to Remove Varsity Letter After a Parent Complained
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 21, 1981
- Vol. 16
- No. 25
Joe and Farrah Take It Mostly All Off for a Commercial Rematch, This One for a Shampoo
The world will get to share this tender moment next March when the Fawcett-Namath commercial for Faberge's latest hair-care creation makes its television debut. It was Farrah's inspired notion to team up again with Namath. Eight years ago, in her pre-Angel days, he was the star attraction in their famous "I'm going to get creamed" commercial for Noxzema.
This time 10 hours and 48 takes in a cold, damp Manhattan set left the 38-year-old Namath's notoriously fragile right knee aching, and Farrah's steadfast lover, Ryan O'Neal, 40, exhausted from a hard day of chaperon duty. Wary of the censors, the toothsome duo also taped a more modest version of the 30-second ad—with Joe in a robe and Farrah in jogging clothes.
Fawcett's real cover-up came at the Studio 54 wrap party that evening. She arrived wearing an Everest-sized diamond on the third finger of her left hand but was noncommittal on whether she was about to become Tatum O'Neal's stepmother. Instead, the 34-year-old blonde opted to talk about her career. "I'm reading a lot of scripts now," she announced. "I want to do something good as an actress."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!