Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Says It's 'Very Intimidating' to Cook with Pal Padma Lakshmi
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Johnny Depp Jokes He Had to 'Prepare a Long Time' to 'Tap into the Emotion' Needed to Make Dog-Smuggling Apology Video
- WATCH: 89-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Fulfils Her Wish to Sing the National Anthem at an MLB Game
- Kim Kardashian, Bella Hadid, Robert De Niro and More Arrive for the Exclusive De Grisogono Party at Cannes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 1982
- Vol. 17
- No. 8
Picks and Pans Review: Objects of Desire
It's hard to avoid measuring Franks, the wispy-voiced jazz-rock-blues-Latin composer of all idioms, against his own song here, Love Duet "On our own/We have grown/But freedom means/That you're all alone/And you spend your time/Being cool and clever." This album, probably his least jazz-and Latin-oriented, is full of such typically novel rhymes as "All of the people in Wonderland have no regrets/They've all misplaced their raison d'êtres." Franks hires on such talented supporting personnel as sax man David Sanborn and drummer Harvey Mason, as well as singers Luther Vandross and Bonnie Raitt. Lack of ambition isn't one of his problems; Franks is currently completing a stage musical based on the life of the painter Gauguin. What's absent is feeling. You hear a lot of intellect and musical skill in these songs, but very little heart.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!