Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Rihanna on Childbirth, Instagram and More: 5 Revelations from Her New Interview
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- VIDEO: 'I Gave Him a Fake Name, I Would Never Sleep with a Bernard' Says Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi about Losing Her Virginity
- Julianne Hough Rocks Two Very Different Outfits in One Night - See Her Stylish Switch-up!
- FIRST LOOK: Check Out The Wiz Live!'s Edgy, High-Fashion Costumes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 10, 1982
- Vol. 17
- No. 18
Amid Hugs and Tears, TV's 'Barney Miller' Heads for Its Final Lock-Up—and Reruns
If it hadn't been for a misunderstanding between Barney's producer, Danny Arnold, and ABC execs, the show might have gone on. Arnold, 57, made Barney Miller his obsession since the show's first days as a midseason replacement in 1975. Virtually living on the set, he brought the series into the Top 15, spun oft Fish with the late Abe Vigoda, and saw Barney win Emmys for writing and direction. But this year, as ratings dropped, ABC stalled on Arnold's request to raise the sitcom's budget above $500,000 per episode—perhaps in part to expand its lucrative syndication. So Arnold announced plans to disband the 12th Precinct, criticizing the network. "They've acted petulantly and disrespectfully," he says. "They've treated us all as social lepers." An ABC spokesman diplomatically says the network is "sorry to see the show go." But some cast members found reason for cheer. Says Ron (Officer Carl Levitt) Carey: "When I die and God asks, 'What did you do in this life?' I'll say, 'Barney Miller,' and maybe He'll say, 'Okay, come on in.' "
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!