Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Enrique Iglesias & Rafael Nadal Launch the Most Handsome Restaurant Venture Ever
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- RHOBH: Brandi Glanville and Kyle Richards 'Get Physical' at 'The Party from Hell'
- Jemmye Carroll on Ryan Knight: 'I Will Forever Tell His Stories'
- Angelina Jolie: 'I Have Seen Nothing Like the Suffering I'm Witnessing Now' in Refugee Camps
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday January 28, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 1982
- Vol. 17
- No. 24
A Computer Whiz Storms the Commodities Market
The foreign-born son of a former officer in the Greek Army, Pantelidis worked out his moneymaking formula by analyzing numerous variables drawn from '70s market information. As a demonstration of his system's effectiveness, he obtained the use of $30,000 in family money last August and more than doubled it in four months. Still, Wall Street snubbed him. So Pantelidis formed a consulting firm, Ivy Commodity Research and Management Inc., which he operates from his fraternity room. On June 1 he plans to begin handling the personal accounts of five investors who are putting up $100,000 each. Pantelidis estimates each account will be worth $500,000 in one year. Daily market data are fed into Jerry's computer automatically at the end of each day's buying and selling, and he places his orders through a Chicago broker the following morning. "In the next three to five years," he says confidently, "I expect to make between $3 million and $10 million."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!