Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Larry King Steps Out in His Trademark Suspenders After Denying Wife Shawn's Affair and Breakup
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Hometown Hero! Aly Raisman Celebrates Her Return to the U.S. with 'Aly Raisman Day'
- John Legend on Daddy Duties and Helping Make the World a Better Place for Daughter Luna
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Party in New York City Ahead of Her VMA Performance
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 1982
- Vol. 17
- No. 24
A Computer Whiz Storms the Commodities Market
The foreign-born son of a former officer in the Greek Army, Pantelidis worked out his moneymaking formula by analyzing numerous variables drawn from '70s market information. As a demonstration of his system's effectiveness, he obtained the use of $30,000 in family money last August and more than doubled it in four months. Still, Wall Street snubbed him. So Pantelidis formed a consulting firm, Ivy Commodity Research and Management Inc., which he operates from his fraternity room. On June 1 he plans to begin handling the personal accounts of five investors who are putting up $100,000 each. Pantelidis estimates each account will be worth $500,000 in one year. Daily market data are fed into Jerry's computer automatically at the end of each day's buying and selling, and he places his orders through a Chicago broker the following morning. "In the next three to five years," he says confidently, "I expect to make between $3 million and $10 million."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!