Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kate Hudson and Nick Jonas Spotted Out on Dinner Date After Actress Said She's Single
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Kim Kardashian Wears Choker Given by Nicole Brown Simpson to Her Mom Kris Jenner in 1988
- Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski Will Be Olympic Commentators, Promise an 'Inside Look' at the Games and 'Some Half-Naked Athletes'
- Christopher Reeve's Son Announces Creation of Accessible Toys: 'Everyone Deserves the Chance to Play'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 1982
- Vol. 18
- No. 13
Fonzie and the Happy Days Crew Visit U.S. Bases in West Germany to Say—Well—Tanks a Lot
The Army in turn put on a show of its own: a mock battle starring its new M-1 tank. "If they're shooting real ammunition, I'll get the hell out of the way," cracked actor Anson (Potsie) Williams, who knows from armor. His wife is actress Lorrie Mahaffey, whose dad is CO of the Third Infantry Division near Würzburg. In fact, the reason the Army guarded the cast so closely and declared a "yellow alert" was less from concern for Winkler's safety than fear that terrorists might attack Lorrie.
Toward tour's end the group was helicoptered to the East German border near Coburg, where they peered across the fenced, mined and watchtowered frontier in wonder. An officer solemnly told them not to "wave or point or shout. Something small can provoke something big." In a cheerier sense, the TV visitors had done just that for a lot of homesick Americans. Seeing their heroes up close was, as one Army medic put it, "the best possible tonic."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!