Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Boyfriend of Slain Legal Diva Star Loredana Nesci Acted in Self-Defense, Attorney Says
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Gisele Bündchen Gets Back to Yoga After Allegedly Being Spotted in Burqa
- Defiant Valerie Harper Gives Update on Health: 'I Am Not, Nor Have I Been, in a Coma'
- Is Scott Disick Regretting Split with Kourtney Kardashian in New Photo: 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 1982
- Vol. 18
- No. 13
Fonzie and the Happy Days Crew Visit U.S. Bases in West Germany to Say—Well—Tanks a Lot
The Army in turn put on a show of its own: a mock battle starring its new M-1 tank. "If they're shooting real ammunition, I'll get the hell out of the way," cracked actor Anson (Potsie) Williams, who knows from armor. His wife is actress Lorrie Mahaffey, whose dad is CO of the Third Infantry Division near Würzburg. In fact, the reason the Army guarded the cast so closely and declared a "yellow alert" was less from concern for Winkler's safety than fear that terrorists might attack Lorrie.
Toward tour's end the group was helicoptered to the East German border near Coburg, where they peered across the fenced, mined and watchtowered frontier in wonder. An officer solemnly told them not to "wave or point or shout. Something small can provoke something big." In a cheerier sense, the TV visitors had done just that for a lot of homesick Americans. Seeing their heroes up close was, as one Army medic put it, "the best possible tonic."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!