Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 1982
- Vol. 18
- No. 13
Fonzie and the Happy Days Crew Visit U.S. Bases in West Germany to Say—Well—Tanks a Lot
The Army in turn put on a show of its own: a mock battle starring its new M-1 tank. "If they're shooting real ammunition, I'll get the hell out of the way," cracked actor Anson (Potsie) Williams, who knows from armor. His wife is actress Lorrie Mahaffey, whose dad is CO of the Third Infantry Division near Würzburg. In fact, the reason the Army guarded the cast so closely and declared a "yellow alert" was less from concern for Winkler's safety than fear that terrorists might attack Lorrie.
Toward tour's end the group was helicoptered to the East German border near Coburg, where they peered across the fenced, mined and watchtowered frontier in wonder. An officer solemnly told them not to "wave or point or shout. Something small can provoke something big." In a cheerier sense, the TV visitors had done just that for a lot of homesick Americans. Seeing their heroes up close was, as one Army medic put it, "the best possible tonic."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!