Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 04, 1982
- Vol. 18
- No. 14
Frank Godwin Is Really into Gator Aid—but Not for Preppies
Godwin's experimental program, run in cooperation with the University of Florida, got a big boost with the 1980 lifting of the seven-year federal ban on marketing alligator meat. (The restrictions on hides already had been relaxed.) The following year, once the critters were judged no longer threatened by extinction, Florida recorded sales of 60,000 pounds of gator meat—at $5 per pound wholesale—to 120 licensed restaurants. Alligator reminds gourmets variously of chicken, lobster or veal "with a little more elasticity," says Godwin, and he plans to see they have plenty of it. Though he has no timetable, Godwin wants to expand his herd to 10,000. Their commercially raised, superior hides should bring a minimum of $28 a foot—or some $400 per gator, counting the meat. "And that," says Godwin with a grin, "means megabucks."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!