Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Jersey Man Charged in Murder of His Parents After They Were Found Beaten to Death in Their Home
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Rob Lowe on After His Comedy Central Roast: 'I'm Just Glad There's Something Left of Me'
- John Krasinski on Date Nights and Raising Daughters with 'Amazing Wife' Emily Blunt: 'It's Important to Preserve Your Relationship'
- WATCH: How to Wear a Maxi Dress at Any Size, With Katie Sturino of 12ish Style
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 1983
- Vol. 19
- No. 5
Merle Haggard Offers Proof of His High Spirits by Telling 5,095 Texans, 'This Round's on Me'
When the cheering stopped, Haggard had stood for 5,095 one-ounce drinks totaling 40 gallons and costing $12,737.50. His largesse should earn him a place in the next Guinness Book of World Records as the purchaser of the biggest round ever.
Billy Bob's, with its 14,000 square feet of dance floor, indoor rodeo ring and 43 bar stations, is a fitting place for grand gestures. Haggard planned his mass treat in time for plenty of supplies to be on hand. "He has done some unusual things before," his business manager, Tex Whitson, noted, and one of them was to buy drinks for the house at J.D.'s in Ridgecrest, Calif. in 1974, although J.D.'s held a mere 200. When a grateful Billy Bob Barnett presented the tab, he offered to buy Merle a drink. Offer accepted.
Now then, Hag, y'ever think of recording that fine old standard Blue Champagne?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!