Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How to Make Adorable Pink Puff Pastry Hearts for Valentine's Day (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- 4 Songs That Were Written About Taylor Swift
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's Life in Photos
- Proud Mom Coco Austin Shares New Snaps of Baby Chanel: 'I Can't Get Enough of This Girl!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 1983
- Vol. 19
- No. 5
Merle Haggard Offers Proof of His High Spirits by Telling 5,095 Texans, 'This Round's on Me'
When the cheering stopped, Haggard had stood for 5,095 one-ounce drinks totaling 40 gallons and costing $12,737.50. His largesse should earn him a place in the next Guinness Book of World Records as the purchaser of the biggest round ever.
Billy Bob's, with its 14,000 square feet of dance floor, indoor rodeo ring and 43 bar stations, is a fitting place for grand gestures. Haggard planned his mass treat in time for plenty of supplies to be on hand. "He has done some unusual things before," his business manager, Tex Whitson, noted, and one of them was to buy drinks for the house at J.D.'s in Ridgecrest, Calif. in 1974, although J.D.'s held a mere 200. When a grateful Billy Bob Barnett presented the tab, he offered to buy Merle a drink. Offer accepted.
Now then, Hag, y'ever think of recording that fine old standard Blue Champagne?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!