Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- You Have to See These Surprisingly Romantic CrossFit Engagement Photos
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Arizona Mother of 7 Stabbed to Death By Husband in Front of Kids
- Celine Dion Facing Her Husband's Health Crisis 'We're Living Each Day to the Fullest'
- Why Katy Perry Outsources Her Doggy 'Doo-ties'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 01, 1983
- Vol. 20
- No. 5
With a Flourish of Crumpets, Samantha Just Brings the Art of High Tea to Hollywood
"I am probably more qualified than most to do this," says Samantha, who now runs a Los Angeles catering service, "because I've done so much research into the history and traditions of British tea. Besides, I've got my 73-year-old mum to make sure everything is just right." Just also gets an assist from Ami, 14, her daughter by Mickey Dolenz, late of the Monkees, whom she met on the group's TV show and divorced seven years ago.
Samantha got the idea for "The Art of English Tea," as she calls her service, six months ago, when she realized that tea was the British tradition she could least do without. "At 4 in the afternoon, there is nothing more wonderful than tea at somewhere like Harrods," she says. "In L.A. there is nothing like that."
Her clientele has included the British Olympic Association and the hosts of a baby shower for an expectant father. Costs range from $9.50 to $15 per head, depending on how much double Devon cream is served. Samantha and her mother, Phyllis, get up at 5:30 a.m. to start cooking. Members of L.A.'s British colony sometimes provide authentic accents as maids and butlers. Samantha has a harpist on call and can provide chamber music for really tony bashes. The British, it appears, are no longer coming. They have arrived.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!