Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Dead, 9 Injured in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting; Suspect Identified and in Custody
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Left with a Thanksgiving Mess? Let These Hollywood Hotties Clean Up for You
- VIDEO: Watch Heavyweight Champ Wladimir Klitschko's Pre-Fight Serenade to 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Selena Gomez on the Difficulties of Dating: 'I Would Love to Date Older Guys' But 'I Look 16'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 03, 1983
- Vol. 20
- No. 14
At This Studio 54 Bash, the Right Names to Drop Belonged to the Parents
The bash started off with a chummy dinner at Chinatown's Canton Restaurant and ended up with an all-night revel at Studio 54. The hosts were Leacock and Pennebaker (that's Victoria and Frazer, kids of the documentary filmmaker team of Richard Leacock and D.A. Pennebaker), and like them, most of their co-revelers said they want to follow Mom and Pop's glittery footsteps. Tony Torn, 18, son of actor Rip Torn and actress Geraldine Page, studies film and acts, while Mario Van Peebles, 26, son of actor-writer-director Melvin, already has landed a job on One Life to Live. Amy Stiller, 22, acting-student daughter of thespians Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller, spoke for many: "All my name can do is open doors. I've got to do the rest."
A few of the partygoers, however, aren't trading on their names as much as their trust funds. Preppy Tucker Johnson, 19, scion of the Johnson & Johnson fortune, said, "It was my father's father's company. It has nothing to do with my life." And what is his life? "I play polo and fox hunt. It's the coolest thing to do."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!