Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Duff Goldman's Ice Cream Burritos Are Everything We Want for the Super Bowl, and In Life
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Mother Pleads Guilty to Assault After She Claimed for Years Her Daughters Suffered from Severe Health Problems
- Which Fellow Country Singer Is Keith Urban Crushing On?
- Jennifer Grey on Her Dad Joel Grey's Coming Out: 'I Feel Very Happy' for Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 1983
- Vol. 20
- No. 22
Joan Collins Stands by Her Man, Peter Holm, Amid Rumors Linking Him to a Diamond Smuggling Caper
"It would not be libelous to say Holm was a fugitive from justice," says a colleague of Holm's Swedish prosecutor. But, he adds, "He's not any Al Capone." Lars Lindros, a music promoter who performed with Holm in a Swedish pop group in the mid-'60s when Holm (real name: Peter Gustaf Sjöholm) was a teen star, says Holm was in love with a Gothenburg girl who involved him in the diamond mess. "I don't think Peter knew at first the diamonds were smuggled," Lindros maintains. "Later on I think he was subjected to pressure." The prosecutor agrees Holm "was largely a victim of circumstances."
Holm, who, after leaving Sweden, lived in Paris before moving to England, met Collins at a London party four months ago. This fall he moved into the Beverly Hills home that Collins has continued to share with daughter Katy, 12, since the actress' separation from third husband Ron Kass earlier this year. Holm runs a business in England called Glaze Trade that transfers photographs to dinner plates and is said to own a computer business in the U.S. Though acquaintances describe him as "charming," the recent revelations have left some friends wondering if Holm isn't taking advantage of Collins. "He seems to care very much about her," says an acquaintance, "but now everyone is wondering if there are any other skeletons in his closet."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!