Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Friendly Neighbors & Family Vacations: How Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Are Staying Close Post-Divorce
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 13- Apr. 19, 2015
- Is Kim Kardashian Really Driving the Sales of Butt Implants?
- VIDEO: 19 Kids and Counting Sneak Peek: Jessa and Ben Seewald Visit the Eiffel Tower on Their Honeymoon
- Max Maisel, Son of ESPN Writer, Found Dead in Lake Ontario
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 1983
- Vol. 20
- No. 22
Joan Collins Stands by Her Man, Peter Holm, Amid Rumors Linking Him to a Diamond Smuggling Caper
"It would not be libelous to say Holm was a fugitive from justice," says a colleague of Holm's Swedish prosecutor. But, he adds, "He's not any Al Capone." Lars Lindros, a music promoter who performed with Holm in a Swedish pop group in the mid-'60s when Holm (real name: Peter Gustaf Sjöholm) was a teen star, says Holm was in love with a Gothenburg girl who involved him in the diamond mess. "I don't think Peter knew at first the diamonds were smuggled," Lindros maintains. "Later on I think he was subjected to pressure." The prosecutor agrees Holm "was largely a victim of circumstances."
Holm, who, after leaving Sweden, lived in Paris before moving to England, met Collins at a London party four months ago. This fall he moved into the Beverly Hills home that Collins has continued to share with daughter Katy, 12, since the actress' separation from third husband Ron Kass earlier this year. Holm runs a business in England called Glaze Trade that transfers photographs to dinner plates and is said to own a computer business in the U.S. Though acquaintances describe him as "charming," the recent revelations have left some friends wondering if Holm isn't taking advantage of Collins. "He seems to care very much about her," says an acquaintance, "but now everyone is wondering if there are any other skeletons in his closet."
April 21, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!