Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelorette Contestant Draws Criticism for Joking on Twitter About Being Gay
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- FROM EW: George R.R. Martin Won't Write Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode to Focus on Book
- Bruce Jenner to Pose for Cover of Vanity Fair, Sources Say
- How Residents in the Duggars' Town Are Reacting to Josh's Molestation Scandal: 'People Are Super Embarassed'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 1983
- Vol. 20
- No. 22
Joan Collins Stands by Her Man, Peter Holm, Amid Rumors Linking Him to a Diamond Smuggling Caper
"It would not be libelous to say Holm was a fugitive from justice," says a colleague of Holm's Swedish prosecutor. But, he adds, "He's not any Al Capone." Lars Lindros, a music promoter who performed with Holm in a Swedish pop group in the mid-'60s when Holm (real name: Peter Gustaf Sjöholm) was a teen star, says Holm was in love with a Gothenburg girl who involved him in the diamond mess. "I don't think Peter knew at first the diamonds were smuggled," Lindros maintains. "Later on I think he was subjected to pressure." The prosecutor agrees Holm "was largely a victim of circumstances."
Holm, who, after leaving Sweden, lived in Paris before moving to England, met Collins at a London party four months ago. This fall he moved into the Beverly Hills home that Collins has continued to share with daughter Katy, 12, since the actress' separation from third husband Ron Kass earlier this year. Holm runs a business in England called Glaze Trade that transfers photographs to dinner plates and is said to own a computer business in the U.S. Though acquaintances describe him as "charming," the recent revelations have left some friends wondering if Holm isn't taking advantage of Collins. "He seems to care very much about her," says an acquaintance, "but now everyone is wondering if there are any other skeletons in his closet."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!