Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Shares a Sweet Photo with Michael Douglas: 'Happy Birthday to You and Me'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Prince William and Princess Kate Link Up with the Trudeaus to Meet Syrian Refugees in Vancouver
- How Prince William Reacted to a Baby Having a 'Royal Poop' During the Couple's Visit to Vancouver
- Blinded by the Bling: Idina Menzel Debuts Her Massive Engagement Ring
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 30, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 4
J.R. Ewing Needn't Worry Yet, but Laura Aurre Has Struck Oil in the Kentucky Hills
In the meantime, the boss is taking a conservative approach with the company, plowing the profits back into the business and never borrowing against future yields. "The balance sheet doesn't look great," admits Laura, "but it's the difference between making it and not making it. A lot of people expect the hits to pay for their investments. That's like counting chickens before they hatch." There's no danger that this well-bred daughter of a prominent pediatrician will give up the high-powered world of oil for the genteel life-style of her upbringing. "My dad thought I was crazy," she says, "but last summer he bought a nice, big block of stock. He keeps bugging me to move back home, but I tell him, 'Daddy, there's no oil in Virginia.' "
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!