Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Patrick Dempsey: 'I'm Not Retiring from Acting'
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- A Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash and His Wife Killed in Taxi Crash: Reports
- Sandra Lee Gives Cancer Update from the Hospital: 'I've Lost 15 Lbs. in 5 Days'
- Did Bristol Palin Skip Her Family's Get-Together on Canceled Wedding Date?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 30, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 4
J.R. Ewing Needn't Worry Yet, but Laura Aurre Has Struck Oil in the Kentucky Hills
In the meantime, the boss is taking a conservative approach with the company, plowing the profits back into the business and never borrowing against future yields. "The balance sheet doesn't look great," admits Laura, "but it's the difference between making it and not making it. A lot of people expect the hits to pay for their investments. That's like counting chickens before they hatch." There's no danger that this well-bred daughter of a prominent pediatrician will give up the high-powered world of oil for the genteel life-style of her upbringing. "My dad thought I was crazy," she says, "but last summer he bought a nice, big block of stock. He keeps bugging me to move back home, but I tell him, 'Daddy, there's no oil in Virginia.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!