Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Day at the Races: Robin Thicke and Girlfriend April Geary Visit Santa Anita Park
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Shelter Chihuahua Travels to N.Y.C. for Her First Puppy Bowl – And Brings Along Her Cat BFF
- Lady Gaga Nails the National Anthem at the Super Bowl – and the Internet Goes Wild
- Michael Oher Is Protecting Cam Newton's Blind Side in Super Bowl 50
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 20, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 7
Love's Labor Isn't Lost on Mr. Romance
A former sportswriter, Hill, 27 this month, began his romance column two years ago in the Arizona Daily Star and soon was garnering up to 400 letters a day. But his desk isn't swamped with tearstained epistles from losers in love. Many letters include captivating tips from readers. For example, one woman revealed that she stitched "Love Ya" in her hubby's jeans, just to needle him. Hill prints such letters from towns all across the U.S. He is a man who finds love in the oddest places. One column proclaimed Fort Wayne the "City of Romance."
Mr. Romance describes his own amorous adventures as "very enjoyable, very stimulating. And very private." The bachelor son of a lawyer and a nurse who are divorced, Hill frowns on casual coupling. "Romance is not 413½ notches on the corner post of your water bed," he harrumphs.
The following stories about a soap-opera marriage, an off-court tennis triangle and a love child or two in the British hierarchy go to prove Hill's favorite aphorism: "Romance is the willingness to look like a jerk."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!