Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Anonymous Donor Offers $20,000 to Find the Person Who Stuffed a Starving Pit Bull in a Suitcase
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- The Biggest Red Carpet Risk-Takers at the SAG Awards: Yay or Nay?
- How to Recover From a Bachelorette Party, Lady Gaga-Style
- Grammy Nominee Brandy Clark: From Logging Town to Music Stardom
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday January 26, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 9
And Now a Look Back
PEOPLE Celebrates Its First Ten Years with the Top 10 Celebs, the Best Photos, Heroes & Has-Beens and a Who's Who for '84
What follows is not just a capsule of the magazine's history but also a capsule of the age in which PEOPLE has existed. We begin with 10 people who in some way dominated the decade, whether by bedeviling us (Richard Nixon, the Ayatollah Khomeini), by being entertaining (Farrah Fawcett, John Travolta) or by simply being (Louise Brown). We also examine for you the times we have lived through—first in words (pages 98 and 121), then in some of our most memorable pictures (pages 128 and 152). We've gone back to find out what happened to the heroes, villains and clowns who filled these years (page 168), and we've scouted for the talents who seem most likely to delight and amaze us in the years to come (page 194).
We have enjoyed informing and, we hope, entertaining you throughout the past 10 years, and you have our warmest invitation to stay around for the next 10.
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!