Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stranded Boaters Rescued from Uninhabited South Pacific Island After Writing 'SOS' in Sand
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Britney Spears Says Carpool Karaoke was 'a Little Awkward' as She Calls James Corden a 'Teddy Bear'
- NBA Star Dwyane Wade's Cousin Killed in Chicago Crossfire: 'Another Act of Senseless Gun Violence'
- Donald Trump's Doctor Admits He Wrote GOP Nominee's Health Report in Just 5 Minutes
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 9
And Now a Look Back
PEOPLE Celebrates Its First Ten Years with the Top 10 Celebs, the Best Photos, Heroes & Has-Beens and a Who's Who for '84
What follows is not just a capsule of the magazine's history but also a capsule of the age in which PEOPLE has existed. We begin with 10 people who in some way dominated the decade, whether by bedeviling us (Richard Nixon, the Ayatollah Khomeini), by being entertaining (Farrah Fawcett, John Travolta) or by simply being (Louise Brown). We also examine for you the times we have lived through—first in words (pages 98 and 121), then in some of our most memorable pictures (pages 128 and 152). We've gone back to find out what happened to the heroes, villains and clowns who filled these years (page 168), and we've scouted for the talents who seem most likely to delight and amaze us in the years to come (page 194).
We have enjoyed informing and, we hope, entertaining you throughout the past 10 years, and you have our warmest invitation to stay around for the next 10.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!