Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What's Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town's Cute Holiday Tradition?
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Is This Prince George's Favorite Book?
- Nicki Minaj Enlivens Watch What Happens with a Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Stephen Collins to Katie Couric: 'I'm a Flawed Person'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 02, 1984
- Vol. 21
- No. 13
Elvis Had His Cadillac, but There's No More Sacred C&W Icon Than Trigger Jr.
"The Baldwin company had given me a guitar with a pickup [a device to electrically amplify a guitar] on it," Willie says, "but I dropped the Baldwin one day and busted it. So I got Shot Jackson in Nashville to take the Baldwin pickup out of the busted guitar and put it in this Martin Classic. The tone just knocked me out when I first heard it. I've tried putting other Baldwin pickups in Martins, but I can't get an equal sound. Leon Russell was the one who told me that having someone sign your guitar was a nice insurance policy, so I had him autograph mine. Then, as I traveled around, I got everyone to sign it. It's got as many names as it can handle right now. There's no pickguard on the Classic because you're not supposed to use a pick on it. So between the pick and my fingernails, it's just about worn through. I don't know what I'd do without Trigger. I think it'll live as long as I will."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!