Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Shannen Doherty Shares Emotional Wedding Flashback Post on Instagram: 'I Would Walk Any Path With This Man'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Ryan Lochte Says It 'Brings Tears to My Eyes' Knowing His 'Adorable' Grandmother Is Watching Dancing with the Stars
- Courteney Cox Defends Jennifer Aniston Amid Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Men Charged in 'Grisly' Triple Homicide Knew Victims' Daughter as 'Furries,' Friends Say
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 03, 1984
- Vol. 22
- No. 10
Picks and Pans Review: Sensual Beauty and How to Achieve It
Not everyone, it's true, would hold out Britt Ekland as the very model of modern womanhood. She often looks striking, however, and has achieved a certain success—or at least notoriety. This book is full of pictures of Britt in various stages of being dressed, undressed, made up and even more made up. There are, no doubt, valuable pointers for women—especially those who, at 42, are interested in 20-year-old male rock stars. Ekland also offers many pithy observations and bits of advice. Here are a few: "I'm proud to say that I can still count the nights when I've collapsed into bed wearing my makeup. Unless I can't walk, I take it off." "Don't wear good shoes in the kitchen or bathroom. Not only will you ruin the flooring with high heels but there is a good chance you will spill toothpaste or cream or talc on your shoes." "Don't wear boots that require a man's muscle to remove them." "Educate the man in your life," she says in discussing how to augment a jewelry collection. "Drop big hints and conjure up an extremely graphic image of the kind of stuff you like." On second thought, maybe men are actually the ones who would benefit most from reading this book, the better to know what sort of thing they're up against these days. (Sidgwick & Jackson, paper, $12.95)
- Ralph Novak,
- Campbell Geeslin.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!