Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Arizona Mom Arrested for Allegedly Drowning Twin Sons in Bathtub
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- 'I'm Not a Racist. I Made One Horrible Mistake': Hulk Hogan Insists He's Changed Since Slur that Got Him Kicked out of WWE
- Derek Hough Hints About Sister Julianne's Wedding Plans: 'Something Outdoors, in Nature'
- Inside One Gay Couple’s Journey to Fatherhood – And Why Their Surrogate Wants to Fulfill Their Dream of Parenthood
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 08, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 14
America Gets Rattle-D, but Only Briefly, Because Britain's Hottest Conductor Would Rather Stay Home
Home for Rattle is a Georgian house in north London, which he shares with his wife of four and a half years, New York-born soprano Elise Ross, and their 1-year-old son, Alexander. A liberated husband, Simon spent five weeks at home after Alexander's birth. In 1980 he took a year off from music to study English lit at Oxford. (He spent three years at London's Royal Academy of Music.) In January Rattle celebrated his 30th birthday by making his New York debut at Carnegie Hall, conducting the L.A. Philharmonic. Though his reception in the States was warm indeed, Rattle claims he will not guest-conduct outside England next year. (His next stint with the L.A. Philharmonic is scheduled for 1987.) "I want to be a conductor," he says, "a damn good one. But I want to do other things. Like play squash. Watch old films. Be with my family." As for his insistence on maintaining a low profile, Rattle muses, "Some people honestly think I must be insane." From the looks of things, there's a method to his madness.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!