Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,177 covers and 55,100 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Get a Glimpse of Gisele Bündchen's Wedding Dress in This Sweet Throwback Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Kanye Shows His Softer Side by Apologizing to Beck, Crying on Camera
- Obama Meets with Trayvon Martin's Parents at White House on Third Anniversary of Their Son's Shooting
- Designer Nate Berkus 'Can't Wait to Be a Family of 3!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 08, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 14
Meet Big Red, the Most Prodigious Package of Porcine Poundage to Come Down the Pike
His ex-owner, farmer Nathaniel Drummond, 72, has never seen a hog so hefty in 25 years of raising pigs. "He was 6 months old when I got him and he weighed about 100 pounds," says Drummond, who has about 40 porkers of all sizes wallowing around his property in Cuba, Ala. "He took his second growth. I never knew a hog to do that before." Before Big Red, a Duroc hog, grew so large that he had to be castrated because he couldn't service the sows, he sired "every bit of 210 pigs," says Drummond.
After getting Big Red weighed at a nearby salvage company last fall, Drummond decided, at the urging of friends, to go public with the swell swine and charged folks a buck to gaze on His Hugeness. Not long ago, however, Drummond was all set to butcher Big Red, until the owner of a Massachusetts animal show intervened and bought him for $3,000. Drummond, of course, put the money in his piggy bank.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!