Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Aurora Theater Shooting: Was James Holmes Insane When He Killed 12 People?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Man Reunites with Cop Who Rescued Him from a Dumpster as a Baby in 1989
- DWTS: Which Partners Realized the Eras of Their Ways in Week 7?
- Nastia Liukin on Derek Hough's DWTS Injury: 'We're Taking It Day by Day"
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 08, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 14
Di's Little Lone Ranger Flies Like An Heir with the Greatest of Ease
No Machiavellian plot lies behind these travel plans. It's just the enforcement of a long-standing routine to safeguard the royal line of succession against accident or attack. Since young Wills is second in line to the throne, the Queen decided that he shouldn't fly with his dad, Prince Charles, who is first in line, or his brother, Prince Henry, third in line.
Before this trip, William's doting parents allowed their son to tag along when they visited Australia and New Zealand in 1983. He was too young to travel without them and they couldn't bear to leave him behind.
William handled his first solo flight with royal aplomb. He played peekaboo with photographers and waved across the aisles to another tyke on board. His refreshments included biscuits and orange juice. "Look at that," he remarked as he peered out a window, and at another point, he inquired, "What's that?"
The consolation of separation is the joy of reunion. No doubt, when young Wills joined his family once again at the Balmoral estate, he had plenty of notes to share.
April 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!