Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Survivor: Worlds Apart Runners-Up Tell All: 'We Were So Close! '
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Sarah Palin Reveals Why Bristol and Her Ex-Fiancé Are Celebrating on What Would Have Been Their Wedding Weekend
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Won't Be Joining Netflix's Full House Reboot
- Wiz Khalifa Jokes That He 'Would Die' If Son Sebastian Got Tattoos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 16
So What If One's Born Every Minute? Charlie Carr's Suckers Are Good for the Sole
Admittedly, Sole Suckers may look just a little too basic for some customers, who can't believe that a shoe with no visible means of support won't simply flop off when put to the test. That's where model Diane Beers comes in. She's the designated Sole Sucker wearer at Hilo Hattie's and several other Hawaiian tourist shops. "My favorite part of the job is running up and down the aisles for the customers," she says. Beers has no trouble keeping her Suckers on; the secret is the patented adhesive, which sticks to her feet without leaving a residue. "The magic combination is clean, dry feet and clean, dry sandals," says Warren. No problem, says Beers. "I've used Comet and a scrub brush, and it hasn't affected the adhesive. You don't want anything to come between your skin and the shoes."
Naturally, Charlie Carr feels the same way. Living comfortably in Lanikai, just outside Honolulu, he looks on with paternal pride as a factory in L.A. churns out his footloose footwear, which costs $9 a pair in Hawaii. More than a million pairs are already out there somewhere, and distributors and foot fetishists in all 50 states are gearing up for a long strapless summer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!