Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Julianna Margulies 'Flattered' Michelle Obama Wore Her Good Wife Dress
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Orange Is the New Black's Matt McGorry Is the SAGs' Adorable Social Media Ambassador
- Baby Boy on the Way for Reid Scott
- Why Is Eddie Redmayne Walking the SAG Awards Carpet Solo?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 16
Not Just Another Pretty Face
But four-pound Twiggy, 7, is no mutant mutt. She's a rare breed, a purebred Chinese Crested (no joke—someone actually wanted this look). Patsy and her husband, Jon, a Navy engineman first class, inherited the dog from Patsy's mother when she moved into a no-pets-allowed apartment building. "I didn't want to touch her at first," recalls Patsy, "but she wanted so much attention it was hard to resist."
Others, however, find Twiggy quite resistable, so much so that Patsy doesn't take her out for walks much any longer. Twiggy's hairless body has warts, and sometimes she has severe acne because of her sensitive skin. In the sun, Twiggy, who is pinkish in color, burns so easily that Patsy has to treat her three times a day with sunscreen. Children have been known to drop their schoolbooks in alarm upon sighting Twiggy, and once, when she barked through the car window at a drive-in, the waitress screamed and burst into tears. "It makes me a little sad," says Patsy of some people's reactions. "Twiggy thinks she's beautiful."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!