Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Diana's Hidden Grave to Be Marked Publicly for the First Time
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Adidas and Kanye West Are Launching a New Athleisure Line
- Want to Spot a Celebrity at Dinner? Here’s Where You Should Make a Reservation
- Meet Bebe Rexha, the Writer-Turned-Pop Star Who's Penned Hits for Rihanna and Says Nicki Minaj 'Taught Me to Be a Boss'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 29, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 17
Zoo Officials Were on Pins and Needles—as Was Mom—when Duke and His Siblings Were Born
One would think that giving birth to four of these pint-size pincushions would be a rather prickly affair. But the delivery went off without a hitch because Mother Nature has seen to it that a baby hedgehog's spines lie flat in a protective placenta as the newborn slides down the birth canal.
Right now Duke, brothers Zeke and Ernest and sister Carley, being nocturnal creatures, are busy nursing with Mama under a big bath towel. But just as soon as they are old enough—in a few weeks—Duke and his siblings will scamper from the nursery to a large room that looks just like the desert their ancestors came from. Instead of sand, there will be cat litter-like granules on the floor. There, Duke, who will eventually weigh about two pounds, will practice rolling up in a ball to make like a cactus and will have plenty of canned dog food, raw eggs and mealworms to eat. In short, he'll be in hedgehog heaven.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!