Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Giant Hailstones Crash Through Roof of Kansas Walmart (Video)
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Biggest Loser Winner Ali Vincent Marries Girlfriend Jennifer Krusing
- Bono Honors U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan at Los Angeles Show: 'We Lost a Member of Our Family'
- N.Y.C. Hotel Apologizes for Turning Away Navy Officer Because Uniform Didn't Meet Dress Code
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 22
Uptown Plays with Downtown as the Founders of Studio 54 Throw Open the New Palladium Nightclub
The two impresarios (Palladium's "conceptual consultants" rather than owners) commissioned renovations by Japanese architect Arata Isozaki and interior furnishings by French designer Andrée Putman, then recruited such trendy downtown artists as Keith Haring, Francesco Clemente and Kenny Scharf to decorate the mammoth pleasure dome. "Chapeau!" cried an elated Halston on opening night. "Hats off to Steve and Ian. Thank God we have a nightclub in the world again."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!