Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 29, 1985
- Vol. 24
- No. 5
To cover the transworld Live Aid concerts (page 26), PEOPLE fielded teams in London and Philadelphia. Their mission, as senior editor Jay Lovinger put it: "To get behind the scene, to tell a story no one else has told." In fact London correspondent Jonathan Cooper, who was backed up at Wembley Stadium by L.A. reporter Todd Gold and rock photographer Neal Preston, had been tracking the story for months. One source: organizer Bob Geldof. "I'm Irish and so is Bob, and I guess that helps," says Cooper.
In Philadelphia, where the heat reached 101°, writer Steven Dougherty and team put in a 16-hour day buttonholing rock stars by the dozen, from Hall and Oates to Tina Turner and Joan Baez. "Up close Mick Jagger is mesmerizing," reports Lisa Russell. Says Tina Johnson, "The concert was a one-shot deal. If you missed it, it was gone." Mary Shaughnessy judges the best moments were at "rehearsals, when we could really watch the giants at work."
Meanwhile in Manhattan, picture coordinator Dotsie Salituri worked through the weekend, shepherding the incoming 310 rolls of film through developing and printing. "It's the biggest job I've had in 10 years at PEOPLE," says Dotsie, adding with a spirit typical of the other exhausted team members: "It's strange, but somehow I love the pressure."
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!