Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Here's Where to Score the Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies on Valentine's Day
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Royal Father-to-Be Prince Carl Philip Is King of the Kitchen at Chef of the Year Contest
- 'I Love You Guys:' Final Words of Buffalo Bills Player's Fiancée Who Died From Ovarian Cancer Revealed
- All the Details on Amal Clooney's Vintage Yves Saint Laurent Gown (It's Covered in 10,000 Sequins!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 14, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 16
Those Chic Sneaks Cybill Has on Her Tootsies Are Reeboks, the Jock Shoe That's a Fashion Smash
That kind of reasoning has made Reeboks the hottest selling athletic shoes in the country. Sales have leapt from $3.5 million in 1982 to $105 million in the first six months of this year. Initially designed in England as light and flexible shoes for athletes, Reeboks, which cost $30 to $85 a pair, are a cross-country craze. The truly hip still bum around in ratty Converse All Stars, but your basic yuppie walking to work wants soft leather shoes to match his or her outfit. The sneaks are still jock oriented—Hana Mandlikova wore them to win the U.S. Open last month—but it hasn't hurt sales that other celebs want to be in the same shoes. Mick Jagger picked a pair for his Dancing in the Street video. Raquel Welch owns Freestyles, which are made for female feet. Lionel Richie, Steven Spielberg, Michael J. Fox, Billy Crystal, Chevy Chase, Brooke and Cher have all been seen in them. Perry Como even claims they help him relax.
But Shepherd has done more for the Reebok look than anyone. She owns five pairs of high-tops—orange, yellow, black, white and red—and wears them whenever she wants to be comfy. (She also wears Dr. Scholl's sandals, but they haven't yet become a high fashion item.) "My mother always said you have to suffer to be beautiful," she says. "Well, there's a certain point in a woman's life when she must choose between her feet and shoes." Congratulations, feet.
February 12, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!