Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 28, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 18
John Anderson Is Dev-Oat-Ed to Keeping His Gal on the Farm
The grass roots proposal almost didn't get off the ground. First, John recalls, his digging equipment got stuck on a tree ("I guess I was nervous"). Then Shirley, a nurse, didn't want to go up ("It was rainy and I was acting kind of silly," he says). When they were finally airborne, John had to make two passes—with the plane—before Shirley got the message.
Although John says he had no doubts that Shirley would accept, he had a backup plan ready just in case: "I just would have stayed up there until she said yes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!