Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Florida State Football Player Eats Lunch with Boy with Autism Who Was Sitting Alone: He 'Is a Hero'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Why Rob Kardashian Skipped Kim and Kanye's Wedding – and Became a Recluse
- 10 of Princess Diana's Best-Remembered PEOPLE Covers
- The Biggest Celeb Real Estate News of the Month: Bernie Buys Big, Hugh Hefner Sells and More!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 28, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 18
John Anderson Is Dev-Oat-Ed to Keeping His Gal on the Farm
The grass roots proposal almost didn't get off the ground. First, John recalls, his digging equipment got stuck on a tree ("I guess I was nervous"). Then Shirley, a nurse, didn't want to go up ("It was rainy and I was acting kind of silly," he says). When they were finally airborne, John had to make two passes—with the plane—before Shirley got the message.
Although John says he had no doubts that Shirley would accept, he had a backup plan ready just in case: "I just would have stayed up there until she said yes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!