Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amy Purdy Weds Longtime Boyfriend Daniel Gale in 'Outdoorsy' Idaho Wedding
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- The Return of Miley! A New Video from Taylor! 5 Things We Can Expect to See at the VMAs on Sunday
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 28, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 18
Neil Diamond's Brother, Harvey, Has Produced the Ultimate in Languorous Luxury: The Bathwomb
"My brother could do or make anything mechanical," recalls Neil of their Brooklyn boyhood. "I had to lock my microscopes and guitars in the closet because he was always tearing them down and rebuilding them."
Harvey holds a total of 80 patents and patents pending on items ranging from a medical instrument used in cataract operations to scuba diving equipment. His first patent, granted at age 22, was for a drafting pen that was never marketed. His second patent, at age 25, was for an ultrasonic dental scaling tool still in use today. In 1977 he got into the tub business, calling his firm Water Jet.
Alice, 40, his wife of 21 years (they live in Studio City, Calif. with their two children) helped inspire the BathWomb. Harvey asked her what she'd like in the bathtub, and she answered, "I love to read in the bathtub and would like to have a tray because the books get wet."
Today Water Jet turns out 26 models in 55 colors. "If I make money, that's fine," says Harvey with enthusiasm. "But the excitement and challenge of creating is enough of a stimulus for me." Okay, Harvey, how about making this: a BathWomb model that cleans itself?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!