Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Aww! Watch Neil Patrick Harris's Twins Sing 'Jingle Bells'
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Watch George Clooney Seduce Elizabeth McGovern on Downton Abbey
- From Gwen Stefani to Jon Hamm: Our Favorite Moments from the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 28, 1985
- Vol. 23
- No. 18
Neil Diamond's Brother, Harvey, Has Produced the Ultimate in Languorous Luxury: The Bathwomb
"My brother could do or make anything mechanical," recalls Neil of their Brooklyn boyhood. "I had to lock my microscopes and guitars in the closet because he was always tearing them down and rebuilding them."
Harvey holds a total of 80 patents and patents pending on items ranging from a medical instrument used in cataract operations to scuba diving equipment. His first patent, granted at age 22, was for a drafting pen that was never marketed. His second patent, at age 25, was for an ultrasonic dental scaling tool still in use today. In 1977 he got into the tub business, calling his firm Water Jet.
Alice, 40, his wife of 21 years (they live in Studio City, Calif. with their two children) helped inspire the BathWomb. Harvey asked her what she'd like in the bathtub, and she answered, "I love to read in the bathtub and would like to have a tray because the books get wet."
Today Water Jet turns out 26 models in 55 colors. "If I make money, that's fine," says Harvey with enthusiasm. "But the excitement and challenge of creating is enough of a stimulus for me." Okay, Harvey, how about making this: a BathWomb model that cleans itself?
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!