Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessie James Decker Shares Breastfeeding Photo: I Love 'Feeding My Sweet Boy'
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Jim Carrey Shares Moving Tribute to Late Girlfriend After She's Laid to Rest: 'Love Cannot Be Lost'
- Kevin Hart Sends Amy Schumer Some Hosting Tips Before SNL: 'Just Tell the Audience That You Know Me'
- VIDEO: Tamar Braxton Has Lost Something Very Important and Expensive - Twice
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 16, 1985
- Vol. 24
- No. 25
A Colorado Tot Dials 'O' and Saves Her Babysitter
Liggitt elicited from Shantelle the fact that Billy had fallen and was bleeding and she couldn't wake him up. "Where is he hurt?" asked Liggitt. "Where is he bleeding—the body?"
"No," said Shantelle.
By this time the phone company had a make on the address and the police were speeding to the rescue. Billy, it turned out, had tripped and tumbled down the stairs, hitting his head on the heat register at the bottom. When police arrived they found Billy still unconscious. Shantelle was at his side, hugging and kissing him and trying to pull his face out of the pool of blood.
Billy is recovered now—his injuries were minor, despite the loss of blood—and he can't say enough about his pint-size deliverer. "She is really smart," he says. "We always get compliments on her." Shantelle is so bright, in fact, that all Carol Hebrew had to do some months back was show her how to dial "O" for operator and the sloe-eyed, brunet tyke took it from there. She seemed to have an aptitude for the phone—too great an aptitude, it seemed for a while. "Several times," remembers Billy, "we walked in and caught her talking away to the operator. We had to explain: 'Only for emergencies!' "
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!