Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Drank Chemicals in Victim's Garage: Police
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Family of FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Expresses Condolences: 'There Are No Words'
- FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Says He's 'Psycho' in YouTube Videos: 'I've Lost My Mind'
- Son of Man Who Died After Being Allegedly Stabbed by FSU Student Speaks Out
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 06, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 1
Boston Fireman Walter Mcginn Takes a Terrifying Fall While Saving a Would-Be Suicide Jumper
When McGinn and his fellow firemen arrived on the scene, Dolan, 28, a troubled man from Boston's North End, was threatening to jump from a guard railing on the city's busy Central Artery. McGinn flashed back to 1975 when, as a rookie fire fighter, he had risked his life and earned a citation for bravery by grabbing a man trying to leap from a six-story building. When Dolan—reportedly a user of the drug PCP—started to sway, McGinn went for him. "I didn't let go because I didn't want him to fall," says McGinn. "I made my commitment and I was going to stick to it. You know, luck of the Irish."
McGinn swears he's not going to lunge after any more would-be suicides. He wants to be around for his wife, Nancy, and his 1-year-old son, Richard. "I've already had two strikes and survived both," he says. "Three strikes and you're out. I've exceeded my luck."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!