Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift Has an Early Fourth of July Party – And It's as Amazing as You Think It Would Be
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Gigi Hadid Got All Her Prom Dresses from Her Mom Yolanda's Closet!
- Heroes Among Us: Crusading Against Autism
- Taylor Kitsch Talks Thrill-Seeking with Navy SEAL Friends
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 06, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 1
Boston Fireman Walter Mcginn Takes a Terrifying Fall While Saving a Would-Be Suicide Jumper
When McGinn and his fellow firemen arrived on the scene, Dolan, 28, a troubled man from Boston's North End, was threatening to jump from a guard railing on the city's busy Central Artery. McGinn flashed back to 1975 when, as a rookie fire fighter, he had risked his life and earned a citation for bravery by grabbing a man trying to leap from a six-story building. When Dolan—reportedly a user of the drug PCP—started to sway, McGinn went for him. "I didn't let go because I didn't want him to fall," says McGinn. "I made my commitment and I was going to stick to it. You know, luck of the Irish."
McGinn swears he's not going to lunge after any more would-be suicides. He wants to be around for his wife, Nancy, and his 1-year-old son, Richard. "I've already had two strikes and survived both," he says. "Three strikes and you're out. I've exceeded my luck."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!