Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch 4-Year-Old Heaven King Do the Nae Nae with Her Own Tiny Dance Crew (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Bruce Jenner Is on a 'Mission' to Help People Who Face Discrimination: Source
- Sophia Bush Speaks of Heartbreak as Ex-Boyfriend Is First American Confirmed Dead in Nepal Earthquake
- Zac Efron Has a Karaoke Night with Sami Miró – Complete with Sugar Ray and Smashmouth Singalongs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 20, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 3
After Nearly Drowning Last Summer, Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon Tests Matrimonial Waters
Some three dozen relatives and friends (including all fellow Durans except John Taylor, who had a previous commitment) were on hand for the 15-minute ceremony in the registrar's office in Oxford, England, the bride's hometown (her father is Iranian). Afterward, the guests gathered at a nearby hotel, drank champagne and dined on smoked salmon and roast lamb.
Le Bon, who nearly died when his yacht capsized in a race off England last August, met Parvaneh about 18 months ago. Le Bon called Yasmin, whom he had seen only in magazines, and invited her to a movie premiere. "It was a really rock star thing to do," he later admitted. At first, Yasmin thought it was a joke—and hung up. Le Bon persisted, although it didn't get serious until they met in Paris last spring. "There is something special about Paris in the spring," says Le Bon. "The fires of passion began to burn in a big way," agrees Yasmin.
Simon and Yasmin will live in Le Bon's newly built $3.5 million home in the ritzy Knightsbridge section of London. But first came the honeymoon in Scotland and the south of France. Next on the itinerary was a trip to New Zealand to join the crew of Le Bon's yacht, Drum, for the final two legs of a round-the-world race. There were rumors that Yasmin was pregnant, but the newlyweds declined to comment. "I love him so much," she sighed. Said Le Bon: "She's the most wonderful girl in the world." Just for the record, he calls her "Pebbles," because when she pulls her hair back, it reminds him of a character in The Flintstones.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!