Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 27, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 4
Boo Hoo, Koo! Diana's Pal Sarah Ferguson Wins Andrew's Heart and the Queen's Approval
Andrew, who escorted the redmaned, freckle-faced "Fergie" last June to Royal Ascot, previously ran with Carolyn Herbert (jockey Steve Cauthen's ex-favorite) and models Katie Rabett and Vicki Hodge (who tried to peddle pictures of Andy carousing in the Caribbean). There were also rumors that he was back on track with Koo Stark, who has split from her husband, heir to a trading stamps fortune. Ferguson meanwhile was breaking off a three-year relationship with Paddy McNally, a 48-year-old divorcé with two teenage children, reportedly because McNally didn't want to marry her. Presumably Princess Diana helped her through that difficult period. So chummy are the two Sloane Rangers that Sarah was the only friend invited to lunch with Di on the Princess' 21st birthday.
Sarah was raised on her parents' $3 million Hampshire estate. But when she was in her teens, her parents divorced after her mother, Susan, ran off with an Argentinian polo star, Hector Barrantes. Sarah's first job after leaving school was as a secretary in London. "She was...scatty, with her head in the clouds," says a colleague. "She was all for parties and late nights. That's what happens when you employ someone with good social connections."
Sarah spent New Year's with the royal family at Sandringham, where she and Andrew reportedly snuggled in a remote hunting lodge. Sarah's blue BMW has been seen parked in front of Buckingham Palace, but wedding plans are nonexistent. "You must be joking," Sarah sputtered when asked the inevitable question. Says Andy, "When I do find somebody, it's going to come like a lightning bolt. You're going to know it then and there."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!