Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Lance Bass Weighs in on the Possibility of a Britney Spears-Justin Collaboration
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- You Might Be Surprised Which Famous Fan Thinks the Kardashians 'Actually Are Pretty Deep Thinking'
- Dog Keeps Hospital Patients Safe by Sniffing Out Superbugs
- WATCH: Now Which Bachelor in Paradise Power Couple Is on the Verge of Splitting?
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 10, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 6
Be a Good Skate, Fella, and This Time Try to Keep Your Head
Since Golden, a brakeman on the Union Pacific Railroad line, set up his trompe I'oeil, the joke has spread from his 500-acre farm into a community fad. Other department store castoffs now are found stuck into bales of hay, the head at one end and the legs protruding from the other. "We're all doing the same thing," Golden says, "trying to keep a neighbor going for another day, another week." In the summer Golden swaps the skates for flippers. It proves, he says, "that all us Nebraskans are not stuck in the mud."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!