Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
- WATCH: Cagney & Lacey Reunite in Feel-Good, All-Star Singalong at the DNC
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 1986
- Vol. 25
- No. 21
Her Waitress Days Behind Her, Patricia Charbonneau Serves Up a Stunning Screen Debut
It is a stroke of good luck that the public is getting to watch Charbonneau at all. The 27-year-old actress got an audition because the director came across her picture and thought she looked like the character. Once she got the role, Charbonneau worked making change in a Lake Tahoe casino for a week to prepare for the part and wondered why she felt so tired at night. "Two days before shooting," she reports, "I found out I was pregnant." She decided to go ahead with the filming. "That's what the movie is really about," she says, "taking risks."
Born in Valley Stream, Long Island (her father, a retired businessman, is French, her mother Austrian), Charbonneau is the youngest of 10 children. She had always wanted to act and went to Boston University as a theater major. After a month she left for the family farm in the Catskills and got a job with a local repertory company. In 1978 she went to New York and met rock musician Vincent Caggiano, 29. They were married four years later. Charbonneau's daughter, Hannah Catherine, is 13 months old now, and Mom hopes an NBC pilot called C.A.T. Squadn which she plays the female lead will become a series. Charbonneau has yet to go back to Dunleavy's, "but I will," she says. "I must go back." For now, though, she's more concerned about going forward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!