Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- SCOOP: Joseph Gordon-Levitt on His Terrifying Tightrope Movie The Walk: 'You Can't Focus on "What If I Fall?"' (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Some of Anna Duggar's Family 'Would Really Like Josh to Just Disappear,' Says Source
- Surprise! Baby on the Way for Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley – See Her Bump
- Prosecutors Will Seek Death Penalty for Alleged Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 14, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 2
Jack Is Back, Thanks to His New Big Blade
The next day MacGregor's phones started ringing. By noon the company had sold 5,000 Response ZTs. Since then orders for more than 50,000 (at $62 each) have come in. The club's weight is distributed in the heel and toe to compensate for the force of balls hit off-center, eliminating the effect of torque. Hence ZT, for "zero twist." "The first time Jack looked at the ZT," laughs Clay Long, 34, the MacGregor R and D director who designed the out-size putter, "we felt like we had to put on big clown shoes." But the big blade's stroke was no joke. "The more I fiddled with it," says Nicklaus, "the more I liked it. Most players, including myself, have a tendency to pull up. The larger putter eliminates that. It has more inertia and a larger sweet spot."
Since Nicklaus' Masters performance, other pros have begun to use his putter. Recently Denis Watson borrowed Nicklaus' backup ZT and finished eight strokes better than his previous round. Says Jack: "I don't think I'm going to get it back."
September 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!